2022 / 2023 Fox 40 Factory Series GRIP2 forks at Dirt Merchant Bicycles! As good as it gets!
Yes, these are actually IN STOCK and ready to ship!
Need a TALL upper crown for the 27.5" fork? Find it here.
Need a mud guard? Find it here.
- Upper Tubes Finish: Genuine Kashima Coat
- Axle Size: 20mm Thru-Axle (TA) x 110mm Boost
- Steerer Diameter: 1.125 Straight
- Air Spring: Float EVOL
- Damper: GRIP2 damper with dual Variable Valve Control (VVC)
- Adjustments: High-speed compression (with VVC); Low-speed compression; High-speed rebound (with VVC); Low-speed rebound
- Travel: 203mm
Offset and Upper Crown: 48mm FLAT (27.5") / 52mm TALL (29")
- Compatible Rotor Size: 203mm direct Post Mount
- Mud Guard Mount: Optional Mud Guard with sturdy 4-point direct-mount attachment. Sold separately, find it here.
- Starting Weight: 2816g
- Factory Series: “Factory” says it all – feature-packed and designed to exceed the demands of Factory-level riders. What we sell is what they race. Factory Series products feature slippery smooth, ultra-durable Genuine Kashima Coat.
- Adjustments: High-speed compression (with VVC) 8 clicks. Low-speed compression 16 clicks. High-speed rebound (with VVC) 8 clicks. Low-speed rebound 16 clicks.
- Floating Axle: Floating axles might look similar to other axles, but in fact they offer a distinct performance advantage due to their unique ability to match the exact width of the fork’s wheel mounting surface precisely to the front hub flange spacing, thus creating perfect chassis alignment and eliminating unwanted friction between the upper and lower fork legs. Floating axles provide much smoother suspension movement throughout the entire range of the fork’s travel, notably improving sensitivity and overall ride quality. The all-new 36 and 38 come equipped with a new quick-release lever operated patent-pending floating axle system, combining the benefit of a floating axle with the ease of a tool-free quick-release. With this system, spacing is locked in via a floating sleeve, allowing repeated front wheel removal and reinstallation while maintaining perfect fork alignment. Floating sleeve positioning comes preset from the factory so if you are unsure of how to operate the floating axle system or simply don’t want to bother with it, you can just install the front wheel and get on with your ride.
- Lower Leg Bypass Channels: As a fork compresses, the air volume within the lower legs decreases, increasing air pressure. The more the fork compresses, the more pressure increases. This effect can have the unintended consequence of preventing full travel from being achieved. Fox Suspension's lower leg channels help alleviate this issue by dramatically increasing air volume within the lower legs and thereby reducing the amount of additional unintended pressure ramping. Another benefit of these channels is that lower leg bath oil is circulated to the upper reaches of the lower legs, continuously lubricating the foam rings and bushings as the fork compresses and extends through its travel.
- Bleeders: Fox Suspension's lower leg bleeders allow for atmospheric pressure equalization at the simple press of a button. Pressure build-up in the lower legs dramatically decreases fork performance, preventing full travel from being achieved, and diminishing small bump sensitivity and responsiveness.
- Lower Leg Arch: Stiffness-to-weight is the ultimate metric for bicycle design. Engineers invest countless hours poring over every ounce of material in an effort to optimize this critical ratio. Fox Suspension's all-new lower leg design pulls out all the stops, shaving every possible gram while making sure not to compromise stiffness or strength requirements of modern enduro and gravity style riding. Modern frame designs and geometry trends require modern suspension design solutions. The arch design of the all-new 36, 38, and 40 is designed to pair perfectly with modern Enduro and Downhill bikes. Head tube profiles have grown larger and larger, and fork offsets shorter and shorter. Fox Suspension's new arch shape takes this need into account by jutting forward to provide ample headtube clearance at full compression. State-of-the-art computer modeling techniques helped us to create an organic lower leg shape that optimizes stiffness with the absolute minimal amount of material.