Free Banshee Monroe headset! Compatible with 1.125" straight and 1.5" tapered steerer tubes.
The Downhill Race Weapon
Keith on the Legend
When designing the Legend, my goal was to make the fastest race bike possible regardless of cost or time it took.
2017 Legend frames remain unchanged from 2016.
There are a number of significant updates and refinements that have been made to the 2016 Banshee Legend.
- Most significantly the 205mm travel legend is now optimized to use 650b wheels to help carry speed better through rough sections. To achieve this with optimal performance the whole rear suspension linkage has been redesigned to reduce anti-squat and keep the chainstay at optimal length for DH racing while also tweaking the suspension kinematics to improve performance with 650b wheels.
- The geometry of the frames has been updates to supply what our riders have asked for. We have dropped the small size, lengthened the medium and large top tube lengths (while also lowering the center of gravity and standover), and added a new XL size for longer front center to allow taller riders to get into a great attack position.
-The head angle has been slackened to 63.0 degrees, the BB has been lowered 2mm, the travel has increased to 205mm, and rear tire clearance for 650b wheels has been improved over what we have had before with 26" to help on really muddy tracks.
- A new tube set not only increases strength and front triangle torsional stiffness by 5%, but it also creates a cleaner merge with the shock basement forgings, and improves compatibility with the tube for integrated frame bumpers from ODI.
-The linkage kinematics have been improved to work more optimally with modern DH race cassette ranges while slightly reducing pedal kickback.
-The legend forgings have all been refined to shed weight and improve aesthetics, the frame has tubes for ODI fork bumpers, and now has a 44/56 tapered head tube to make it compatible with tapered steerer triple clamp forks running a zero stack headset, while the whole center of gravity of the frame has been lowered to make it the best in it's class by a margin.
All performance characteristics have been painstakingly and carefully scrutinized to make this a single purpose world cup level race bike.
- Tuned virtual pivot linkage design includes an anti-sag component under heavy pedal acceleration, and a minimal amount of tuned-in squat so under hard braking it helps balance the bike as the fork starts to dive thus letting the bike go into corners level.
- All CNC'd parts are forged first for optimal strength to weight ratio.
- Hydroformed 7005 butted aluminum tubes putting the strength were it needs to be. All double offset welded, aligned multiple times between heat treatments before assembling, with 100% final quality checks by Jay.
- Internally ribbed seat and chainstay for optimal DH race stiffness.
- The super stiff fully forged shock cage equalizes loading where the highest forces from the rear shock and links take place.